If you are looking to enhance your classroom experience for your students through social media, here are some quick dos and don’ts in that practice:
- Do use separate personal and professional social media accounts. Putting a boundary between school and personal life is good for your career and less stress on you.
- Do make sure you have strict privacy settings and review those settings frequently. Especially if you use one social media account per site.
- Don’t say anything on your social media profile that you wouldn’t say in class.
- Don’t get too chatty with students on your professional profile. This may confuse students into thinking you’re available 24/7 for this, that and the other. Be available, but keep it professional.
- Don’t share too much. Personal pictures from your weekend have no business being on your professional profile.